Accredited Foundation Course
Feng Shui Society Accredited (FSSA) Duration: 2 days
Venues: 1) Leicester OR 2) Exeter Area (Devon) OR 3) Home Study
Course Fees start from just £79
This course covers the fundamentals of Feng Shui. It has been accredited by The Feng Shui Society (FSS) as covering the required ‘Key Concepts’ and is a recognised qualification in the field. You need to have completed this accredited ‘key concepts’ course should you wish to follow our Accredited Professional Practitioner Training Course (PTC). However it is also a self-standing course and you will find it extremely beneficial if you intend to apply Feng Shui at home or informally for friends and family.
This is an excellent course for:
- Complete Beginners;
- Those seeking clarification or wishing to progress their Feng Shui;
- Those feeling ‘stuck’ with health, finances, relationships or any area of their lives.
- Professional Practitioners – as it is the first essential step in your training
Although a 'Foundation course' we cover lots of useful information, ancient and modern, and guide you through simple techniques which can be employed easily and cheaply at home, to facilitate tremendous personal progress in your life.
This course is presented by various Academy teachers, and can be completed at a variety of locations throughout the UK and occasionally overseas. For Locations, Dates & Fees see our Booking & Fees page. The course is approved and by The Feng Shui Society.
It can be extremely beneficial to undertake in its own right and is also the essential first step for those wishing to take our Practitioner Training course. Please note that if you book the Practitioner Course Programme as your first course you receive the Home Study version of this Foundation course free of charge (see below for further information and an audio sample of the Home Study – virtual classroom format).
After an introduction to Feng Shui we will look at how many different environmental factors may be helping or obstructing you in your life.
- The hidden messages in pictures and ornaments that subtly affect our progress;
- The residue of energies left over from the previous occupants of your home or workplace;
- The unhelpful effects of 'geopathic stress' as well 'electro-smog' increasingly common in our homes and workplaces;
- Astrological phases that each of pass through and their effects on our progress and emotions;
- The implications of physical and emotional clutter in your home or workplace and the resulting blockages that may occur in your life.
During the day we will briefly examine the different Feng Shui Schools in order to dispel any confusion about conflicting approaches.
We will focus on how the nine areas of your home relate to individual aspects of your life and then guide you through a step-by-step process of applying Feng Shui to your own home. Through a simple but valuable 'taking stock' formula, we will help you to select which aspects of your your life you most want to improve. We will then explain how to apply simple and inexpensive enhancements to your home to facilitate progress in these areas.
This process is tailored to your needs rather than a 'one size fits all' approach.
“I think the course has been excellent value for money; the teaching has been second to none, well presented and very clearly taught. I received far more knowledge than expected and I thoroughly enjoyed it.”
Ayesha Walker, London
This course is available in 2 formats:
- Attending the weekend course at one of our venues around the country
- Home Study (Virtual Classroom): Take the course in the comfort of your own home where you can apply the changes gradually as you go through.
The benefits are:
- Study at your own pace;
- Receive 7 CD’s recorded live in class plus 40 pages of detailed notes;
- Re-visit the bits you are most interested in again and again;
- Study whilst travelling or doing other things;
- Save money – the distance learning is cheaper and you also save on travel and accommodation costs.
If you would like to sample the audio material from the Foundation Course Home study course, please click the play button below.
If you would like information on our 'Transform your life with Feng Shui' DVD just click here
If you would like further information on the Accredited Foundation Course you can either continue to read below OR download this pdf for the same information, to read later or print a copy.
What is Feng Shui?
The official Feng Shui Society definition:
''Feng Shui is the practice of analysing and influencing the interaction between people, buildings and the environment in order to enhance quality of life. Originating in Ancient China, its basis is chi, which is vital energy present in everything”
As the definition explains, Feng Shui evolved out of the realisation that we are substantially affected by our environments. Your home and workplace affect you in so many ways that you are probably completely unaware of, and many of these are now scientifically validated:
The colours used; the gases emitted from man-made, materials, fibres and printers; the psychological impact of artwork and ornaments; the electro-magnetic fields emitted from appliances and mains supply inside and out; harmful earth energies; the physical and psychological impact of clutter; the views from the building; the air quality with respect to oxygen level, ionisation, dust etc.
These are just some of the plethora of factors impacting our lives for which there is supporting scientific evidence. There is a lot more to Feng Shui which remains outside the current realm of scientific analysis and that millions of people around the world have found from experience to be entirely valid.
For many of those people Feng Shui has brought about incredible life transformations including new or improved relationships, career progression, better health & vitality, improved finances, selling and renting difficult homes, to name but a few. Whether you are interested in having a consultation, attending a workshop or training as a practitioner, Feng Shui has a lot to offer, and we at The Academy would be delighted to help you take your next steps.
Day 1: Clearing Blockages to Create Harmony in your Life
After an introduction to Feng Shui covering the ‘Key Concepts’ we will look at how the following factors may be obstructing you in your life.
- Symbolism: You will learn how the home accurately reflects your own life and why. Also the important role that artwork plays in your home and in your life. Discover which images are helping you and which are undermining you.
- Predecessor Chi: How the energy of past occupants and your own negative experiences in the home can affect you today. Learn about this energy, which is embedded in the fabric of your home, & understand the influence it may have on your life. Simple techniques can be used to rid your home of these unhelpful influences.
- Geopathic Stress: Where there are distortions in the natural earth radiation around your home you may experience major blockages in your life, including ill health. We will explain the tell-tale signs of its presence and demonstrate how to detect the problem through dowsing.
- Your personal energy: We will briefly explain the importance of astrological factors in any analysis of a client’s issues and priorities. You will learn how to calculate your 9 star Ki energy based on the planetary set up at your time of birth, and the effect of the planetary cycle on your moods, romantic and career prospects.
- EMF: You will discover how to avoid the harmful effects on health of EMF (Electro-Magnetic Fields) emitted from everyday appliances, the mains power system, and the supply from outside.
- Clutter: We will look at the implications of physical and emotional clutter in your homes and offices and the resulting blockages that may occur in your life. A fundamental prerequisite to letting go of clutter is to understand the reasons (practical and emotional) why you have collected it. You will discover how this often overlooked aspect of Feng Shui can greatly obstruct your achievements and enjoyment of life, whether it be through poor relationships, ill-health, financial difficulties or career problems. We will help you discover what drives us to ‘hang on’ to stuff and teach you how best to ‘let go’ and clear these stagnant areas, a critical step before applying any traditional Feng Shui enhancements and cures (see Day 2). You will learn how to “go with the flow” rather than fighting against it.
Feng Shui can be described as ‘acupuncture in space’. Just as acupuncture clears blockages in your body for good health, this workshop teaches you how to clear your blockages to allow the energy to flow easily and effortlessly into all areas of your life.
It is a truly transformational workshop, giving you all the knowledge and tools you need to clear out the past and plan for a brighter more successful future.
Day 2: Maximise your Potential with Feng Shui
During the day we will briefly examine the different approaches to Feng Shui and then focus on how the nine areas of your home relate to individual aspects of your life. We will clearly demonstrate how to lay the Bagua (Feng Shui template) over your own house plan, ensuring that all participants understand exactly which areas of their own home relate to each life area.
People rarely find the time to consider what’s really working well in their lives and what isn’t. For that reason alone, many have found a great benefit in that the course provides the opportunity to ‘take stock’ of what we really want and get back on track. We provide a ‘life evaluation questionnaire’ which will help you with this, and you can then decide which of the 9 areas of your life you most want to improve.
Having discovered which aspects of your surroundings are helping or hindering your progress, you will learn how to use simple inexpensive enhancements and cures to profoundly improve your health and vitality, relationships, career and prosperity. You will discover the fascinating relationships between Yin and Yang as well as the five elements, who’s nourishing and control cycles pervade Oriental culture. An understanding of this simple but important concept will enable you to properly harmonise and balance your own environment. We will teach you about the appropriate use of mirrors, crystals, wind chimes, colour, fabrics, light, water, plants, artwork, music and symbolism to create a more harmonious and happy life for yourself. Additionally you will discover the importance of positioning your bed, chair or desk to gain ‘command of the room’ (Form School Feng Shui).
You will need to bring along plans of your home or office in order to understand clearly the Feng Shui of your own environment and therefore obtain the most benefit from the day. You need to have completed this course should you wish to follow our Accredited Practitioner Training.
You will receive a booking confirmation giving details of the venue with directions etc no later than 1 week prior to the course. Workshops run from 10:00 am to 5.30pm.
A heart-warming letter from a student…
"This is a letter of thanks. During the Foundation Weekend, I enjoyed an extremely informative and fascinating introduction into all aspects of Feng Shui. Since putting this into practice, I have noticed a dramatic improvement in my life…. Having been taught to dowse I was able to avoid Geopathic Stress in the home which I now know was causing my family a lot of harm. I cannot express how grateful I am that this is included within your course.”……. “Finally, my whole outlook on life has changed and my daughter keeps saying to me ‘Mummy’s so happy’. You’ve no idea how good that feels. Thank you for your wonderful course just when I needed it most.”
Most people take this course at one of the many venues around the country (see schedule) but… Please note that this weekend course can also be studied via home study (distance learning).
With this home study option you will receive the same notes but also a digitally recorded CD programme (around 10 hours) recorded live on the course. So it’s just like being there except you have the added advantage that you can stop and start the course just as you please. This way you can implement your knowledge at home while you learn !! Also, you have a permanent record of everything that was said so that you can re-visit the material whenever you like. Considering this is cheaper than attending it represents great value for money. ! If you have any queries simply email or phone us and we’ll do our best to help you.
Foundation Course Locations, Dates & Fees
The course is usually offered twice annually in Leicester, York and Exeter (area) and occasionally in International locations such as Athens, Copenhagen and Brazil. For dates please review the Booking & Fees page.
Please note that this weekend course can also be studied via home study (distance learning).
All Academy Teachers are registered consultants with the Feng Shui Society (FSSA).
ROBERT GRAY (FSSA) teaches the Foundation Course in Leicester and is the voice you will hear on the 'Home Study – Virtual Classroom' course. He also teaches the Practitioner Training Course (both Home Study and attendance versions) and many Special Interest Courses.
For more information on Robert click here.
The Rest of The Team
FRÉDÉRIQUE COOKE (FSSA) runs the Foundation Course in the Exeter area and also runs our office. She assists on the Practitioner course live in the classroom sessions as well as being personal tutor to the Home Study Students. Frédérique runs one of our specialist advanced courses: 'Professional Space Clearing Diploma' which is held annually in the Exeter Area..
Having worked as a Foreign Languages teacher for many years, Frédérique has a gift for imparting knowledge in a clear and comprehensible manner. She has been a Tai Chi teacher for more than 15 years and has therefore acquired an extremely sensitive appreciation of Chi energy, which is the basis of Feng Shui. Having graduated from The Feng Shui Academy in 1999 she now brings her own unique teaching style, humour and years of ‘energy’ experience to the world of Feng Shui.
"I have attended many programmes in my life but this was one of the very best. A superb trainer, interesting fellow delegates and a fascinating insight into an ancient Eastern art, demystified and brought right up to date for our busy 21st century lives. I am already benefiting from applying the skills which have helped me move towards achieving my business and personal dreams. I can't wait to extend my knowledge further." Sandra Lawes MBA MCIM MMRS BA (Hons).
If you would like to read other testimonies of the course click here.
The Course looks great ~ what do I do now?
To start your ‘Feng Shui Journey’ with us, simply complete the booking form
Or, If you have any final queries please contact us
In 2003 Robert released a DVD which covers the essential Feng Shui principles and provides a great accompaniment to the Foundation Course. (Currently offered at half price if bought together with the Home Study Foundation course – select this option on the booking form
- How to properly use key Feng Shui ‘Cures and Enhancements’ ~ SEE how it's done
- Grasp Feng Shui more fully how to apply Feng Shui correctly by watching a live consultation
- It's great to convince sceptical partners as Robert explains things with easy to understand 'no nonsense' language.
- It makes a unique and thoughtful Present too
- Great for Practitioners to show to their clients whilst they assess the home so that the recommendations are much easier to understand afterwards.
The 84 minute programme covers all the essentials of good Feng Shui Practice, much of which is not covered elsewhere and because it is a film, not a book, it is so much easier to follow:
You will discover….
- How to use colours, artwork and ornaments to improve Health, Wealth and Relationships
- How to properly use key Feng Shui ‘Cures and Enhancements’
- How to correctly apply the 5 elements in your home for your benefit
- How to apply the Feng Shui bagua so that you can easily locate which area of your home relates to which are of your life
- Understanding exactly what is Clutter and why it can restrict your progress
- How to position beds to maximise your health and wellbeing
- Significantly improve your sleep and be less susceptible to illnesses by:
- knowing how to detect and alleviate harmful earth radiation (Geopathic Stress)
- Seeing how to minimise your exposure to high electro-magnetic fields (EMF’s) from the wiring and appliances in your home
and much more besides….
The second half of the programme shows a home with good Feng Shui applied and then you will be taken around a home where many improvements can be made and these are explained in plenty of detail.
This will allow you to see how to make simple and inexpensive changes to your own homes and significantly improve your lives accordingly.
We have focused our efforts on the Health, Wealth and Relationships as through almost a decade of Consultancy and Training I have found that these are the areas of life that people most want to improve.
Just £20 (Or just £10 when bought in conjunction with the
home study Foundation Course)
You can buy this great film in the 'Foundation Course Options' section of the order form: Click here.
Special Interest Courses
There are a number of courses available to you after your foundation course:
For those who may not wish to become a practitioner the following courses give an opportunity to learn more about specific areas of interest within Feng Shui. In addition to a wide variety of ‘extra courses’ many of the modules or individual days from the Practitioner Training Course can be taken as a special interest course. Some require prior learning in order for you to really take full advantage of the course.
Courses outside the Practitioner programme include: Chi Management & Mastery; True Prosperity; and ‘The Amazing Power of Colour’.
Simply review our Courses page to browse the options